Zebra ZXP Series 9 Retransfer Card Printer
Zebra Technologies, a world leader in label printing equipment, has announced the launch of the ZXP Series 9™ retransfer printer, best in class in its premium card printer product line.
Delivering exceptional quality and characteristics, and a brand new 600 DPI option, the printer features a user-selectable print quality mode allowing users to optimize for print speed or sharpen print quality.
Using Zebra’s Color Predictive Technology, the ZXP Series 9 monitors printing and automatically adapts settings based on tested, patented image-processing algorithms to consistently produce the highest print quality.
Meeting demanding enterprise needs for high-performance, the ZXP Series 9™ retransfer printer will:
- Print borderless, over-the-edge cards,
- Produce rich, deep colors, crisp text, and borders with 600 dpi,
- Offer user-defined standard and fine print quality options,
- Print on uneven card surfaces (like smartcards),
- Print the same quality from the first to the last card, even from a cold start,
- Deliver more durable and abrasion-resistant cards.
Design and security with one fast and reliable printer
The latest to the ZXP Series 9™, the new product was developed specifically for entities with Secure Cards ID requirements. Custom laminates (that can be purchased separately from Zebra partners) can be embedded with various security elements, such as visual holograms, micro-text, UV fluorescent images, guilloche patterns, and metallic inks.
The dual-sided, simultaneous retransfer process provides top-tier printing, encoding and laminating through output. Unlike mid-range competitors, Zebra’s Series 9 retransfer printer uses dye-based ink to produce more vibrant prints and to render very fine details better.
Authentic Zebra supplies and accessories for enriched printing experience and safety
The range of supplies for Zebra’s high security retransfer card printer includes cards, printer ribbons, cleaning supplies and especially card laminates and overlays.
Zebra offers two options for laminates: stock and custom. The tamper-resistant film, which is available for custom laminates, combined with the device’s capability to print micro or hidden text, makes it a perfect candidate for government or private sector organizations where security demands are higher.
Common applications for custom laminates include government identification cards, driver’s license, employee identification or access control cards, membership and loyalty cards.
Competitive in price and features
When it comes to performance, the ZXP Series 9 delivers print speeds up to 190 cards per hour. It also provides an extremely low cost-per-card operation with the patented waste-free laminate design.
This design eliminates the need for the printer to mechanically flip cards during production, reducing the risk of mechanical errors and card jams. It also enables a 30% cost savings compared to competitors.
Top features in the new ZXP Series 9 Retransfer Card Printer
- Full color or monochrome printing
- Standard and fine print quality options
- Single and dual-sided printing
- Print speed up to 190* cards per hour
- Image quality (300 or 600 dpi)
- Borderless printing (over the edge)
- USB, Wi-Fi, and Ethernet Connectivity
- 150 card capacity
- 6-line LCD display
- Magnetic stripe encoding
- Contact/contactless smart code encoding
- NFC print touch
- QR code technology
- Auto media calibration
- High and Mid-Volume Applications
- High-Security ID and Access Control Cards
- Government IDs, Cards and Access Control Cards
- Employee, Student and Staff ID and Access Control Cards
- Personalized Gift, Membership and Loyalty Cards
- Smart Cards in Travel, Gaming, and Entertainment
View here the full specifications of the new ZXP Series 9™ Retransfer Card Printer.
Already convinced? Talk to Smart ID specialists or request a quote here.